It’s the cricket season and there’s no stopping cricket fanatics with T20 World Cup going on and IPL just around the corner. Although hockey being the national sport, India is full of cricket fans. But for working professionals and academicians, this is not a perfect timing because most of matches occur during the day time. They usually are at their workplace, college and inevitably miss the live cricketing action.
Looking for Best taxi check Uber login.
Fortunately, these Smartphones apps are here for our rescue. I agree they cannot substitute for live action on TV or projectors screens, they can still give you a glimpse of the action.
Cricinfo by ESPN is undoubtedly the most popular sports website in India. They monopolized the market before the advent of it’s rivals. Along with the website, they have also released mobile applications for almost all popular smartphone platforms. Features include:
- Live score card and updates without delay.
- Ball by ball commentary in textual as well as audio formats.
- Latest updates of breaking news, match schedule updates, rumors, e.t.c.
- Statistics and profiles of different international and domestic players.
- Comprehensive schedules of different international matches and tournaments.
Cricbuzz is the number one contender in the race for India’s leading sports website title. It was the official sponsor for many major tournaments like IPL T20 2015, ODI series, e.t.c. It has released mobile applications for Android, IOS and Windows Phone platforms. Features include:
- Live score updates with ball by ball commentary.
- Get notified of breaking news and updates through push notifications.
- Player / Team statistics, points table, tournament schedules are displayed.
- Latest videos of match highlights, analysis, e.t.c.
- It is available in major Indian languages like Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, e.t.c.
Star Sports is the only application which provides live streaming of cricket as well as other sports like Hockey, Formula one, Pro Kabbadi, e.t.c. However, streaming of all cricket matches is not free. You may need to pay for watching certain matches. Streaming of match highlights and previews are absolutely free. Features of the app include:
- Watch live match videos, highlights, previews and expert analysis.
- It also publishes latest sports news, tournament information, e.t.c.
- Live scores, commentary updates and other match statistics.
- It is the only official provider of match streaming in India.
Cricket Country is a popular sports portal by India.com network. Features of it’s app include:
- In-depth analysis of various international and domestic matches.
- Regularly updated player and team statistics and rankings.
- Results and score card of all matches are updated without any delay.
- Simple user interface without any clutter.
For all you cricket lovers out there who are unable to watch live, you don’t have to compromise on watching highlights. With these apps, you can experience almost live experience. Hope you enjoy our recommended list.