Mobile apps are a great way to establish long-term relationships with your customers. Your brand is present on their phone and easy to access, which can lead to more sales and increased revenue. However, not all mobile apps are made equal and inefficient platforms are discarded quickly. That’s why you need to make sure your mobile app looks great and performs well on all platforms. In this article, we discuss some distinct characteristics that make great apps stand apart from the rest.
1.Great User Interface
The UI is the most important aspect of an app. It is the first thing your customers see and the first thing they interact with. That’s why the UI needs to be polished and well-designed. Here are some characteristics your app’s UI must have:
- Smooth Interface – The app should perform smoothly and respond to the user well. All the menus should open quickly and the pages should have an optimized design. If the interface is great, users will have a good experience and keep the app on their phone.
- Suitable for Mobile Screens – You need to make sure the interface is suitable for mobile screens. This means all of the links and menus should be easy to click and manage. If the links are too small and require users to zoom before they can click on it, they will abandon the app eventually.
- Quick Loading – It is important to ensure your app is light-weight and quick. The last thing you want is for the platform to respond slowly to user requests. That will put them off and they will start looking at rival apps for a better experience.
- Affirmative Responses – App that provides affirmative responses are more successful. For example, if the customer has made a payment, you can include a payment success page with an affirmative animation or response, like an animated tick-mark or the payment button turning green. This gives the user a feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction.
User Interface can make or break your app, so it is important to pay careful attention to it. A great UI will keep users hooked and help you build a stable customer base.
2.Brand Presence and Design
Modern consumers are exposed to a wide range of different apps and tools. It is difficult to create something that doesn’t just appeal to them but also stands apart from rival apps. That’s why it is important to focus on the branding and design of an app. Here are some points to keep in mind:
- Brand Imagery – Make sure your app has the best possible branding on it. Hire experienced graphic designers or logo designers to create a visual identity for the brand before creating an app. If you already have a branding, make sure it is optimized for the mobile platform.
- Color and Font Style – Most people are influenced by color and that can dictate their purchase behavior. For example, a yellow color indicates cheerfulness and enthusiasm. Green tones are peaceful and remind people of nature. You need to choose a color for your app carefully to get the best results. Think about what kind of reaction you want from your audience and choose a color accordingly.
- Minimalist Design – Minimalism is all the rage these days because it works well. Modern consumers prefer to interact with a clean, sleek design on internet platforms. The minimal design ensures the screen isn’t too cluttered and allows users to focus on the most relevant information provided in the app.
Great design improves user experience by a considerable margin and keeps bring consumers back to your platform.
3.Quick and Efficient Customer Support
It is important for apps to have great customer support and several options to facilitate communication. For example, your app can have an AI chatbot, regular chat box, and ‘call customer service’ button. This allows customers to choose the medium of communication they prefer and act accordingly.
Easy and quick responses will improve user experience across the board and keep people on your app. This platform can work with your CRM database to keep customers engaged. It can look at your previous history with the costumer, determine their preferred communications channels, and get other such information from the CRM to provide a tailored customer service. Prompt and efficient service will improve user experience and draw more customers to your app.
User preferences and requirements change at a rapid pace, especially on this platform. It is important for app companies to change and optimize their app accordingly. The most successful apps are updated regularly to keep people engaged and interested. For example, Angry Birds, which is one of the most popular games on the mobile platform, was able to accumulate more than 250 million regular users because they kept updating their app. They introduced new levels, new characters, different powers, etc, to make things interesting.
Without regular optimization, your app will become stagnant and lose users. If you want your app to stand the test of time, make sure you have a developer on hand to optimize it according to user expectations regularly.
5.Inclusive Platform Compatibility
Many brands focus on creating apps for the iPhone and don’t develop anything good for Android. This is a poor marketing strategy and will cause your app to fall behind. You will miss out on revenue from millions of Android phone users. When you create an app, make sure it is compatible with the two platforms and tailored for them as well.
For example, iPhones have some features that Android phones don’t. You create an iPhone-specific app that takes advantage of those features. Android phones have several features that iPhones don’t. You can make sure your app’s Android version takes advantage of that.
If your app has 5 these characteristics, it will be more likely to succeed. You just need to make sure you have the right mobile app partner to get the job done. A great app developer will know how to create ideal platforms for both Android and iPhone devices.